Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fellow Cheese Haters? poll added

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 28, 2006.

?

Hate cheese like me or similarly?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. FREAK

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. I'm naked and covered in cheese

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I hate cheese. i have since I was 12 years old. One of those odd kid things, I just decided I no longer cared for the taste and stopped eating it. 8.5 years later I very very rarely eat it. I peel the cheese off of a slice of pizza before I eat it. I constantly have to send things back to be replaced because they didn't make mention of having cheese on them. Haven't had a Ceasar salad.... in a very long time. Only things I eat cheese wise is, Velveeta Shells and Cheese, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Neither is real cheese and doesn't really taste like it to me for some reason(especially with a healthy serving of garlic).

After 8 some years of not eating cheese, my body has unlearned processing real cheese. If I get lazy or my hands are too dirty and I eat a slice of pizza with the cheese on, I pay for it later. So I am lactose intolerant now.... only to cheese.

2. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i like cheese in moderate amounts. some people love stuff covered in cheese, not me though.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

cheddar freakin rules man! your missin out.... :wink1:

actually my bro in law is lactose intolerant too.... he's always going off about cheeseburgers are gross.. that cheese and beef have no bussiness being together... i just laugh at him.. :haha:

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I love cheese. Love it. Sometimes I pay for my indulgences, but I'm a sucker for punishment.

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Grilled Cheese, best sandwich ever made.

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It's kind of silly to say "I hate cheese" when there are SOOOOOOOO many different kinds out there with unique textures and tastes. Have you bothered trying any non-American cheeses to see if you might prefer them? Edam is really mild and creamy. Mmmmmmmm.........:woot:

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

My personal fav is a nice stinky bleu or Gorganzola. MMMMMMM Tasty:D .

Grill up a ribeye and cover it in Stilton Bleu Cheese and let it melt slightly, you got something right there.

Pretty much I am one of those cheese will make anything taste good. Well that and bacon:D .

Ira

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

My best friend despises cheese also. He takes it off tacos, burgers and even pizza. I on the other hand love cheese on everything, if I like something plain I usually try it with cheese on it, almost always is great! I even like frying just cheese in afrying pan till all th egrease is cooked out and its just a stiff yellow sheet yum, yum!

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Almost everything I eat has cheese in/on it, so I guess I'm not a fellow cheese hater.

And out there in PA, what's the deal with the "white" american cheese? It's all yellow around here. My first time to PA I ordered a grilled cheese samich and it came with white cheese. I'm like, "What kind of cheese is this?" She says it American. Me, "Are you sure?" She must have thought I was nuts until I explained it's all yellow where I'm from. :D

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

When I was a kid I didn't care for cheese at all, and when i was 6 my Dad forced me to eat cheese sandwiches for lunch one day. I gagged and choked my way through it...and then didn't eat cheese at all for well over 20 years. The smell would get me wretching...

I eventually tried some foods that had melted cheese on them and slowly started eating more and more things with cheese on them like burgers and pizza. What I still can't eat is a plain slice of cheese, or a cheese sandwich.

So, I used to hate cheese like you do, but I'm pretty much over it now.

Rene

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I love cheese, all kinds, in abundance.

12. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

how do you survive? Cheese is one of the 3 essential food groups:

Cheese, Beer, and Orange Juice
    :bow::haha:

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

provolone, smoked guda, brie, sharp tillamook cheddar,mozzarrella,bleu,pepper jack,asiago,parmesian,romano,swiss,colby,sqeeky cheese, these are foods of the gods dood, I'm also lactose intolerant and will probably have a heart attack from eating too much cheese while I sit on the toilet...But I'm no quitter...:haha:

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Love them all. I used to work in a wholesale meat and cheese shop. I picked up the shipments, helped divide them up, and delivered to co-ops and markets. I got to try hundreds of different kinds of cheeses. I've always been prone to cutting a lot of cheese too.........

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Being as I've lived in PA for going on 21 years, I have never seen anything but White American Cheese. Don't know what to tell you about that boss... I sort of thought that was just the way it was, American cheese was white cheese.

16. ryoken

you don't have yellow out there too? hmm, we've always had both here in Joysey..

the one i laugh at is trying to get pork roll in alot of other places in the country... they look at you like your crazy... mmmmm, Taylor Ham... with cheese! :wink1:

17. gauder

gauder Banned

Um, what's "American Cheese"? Is that the stuff they gave to people on government assistance?

18. ryoken

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

'fumes! Exactly I love all kinds of cheese. I am also lactose intollerant too...I just get cold symptons from it, nothing like you do. :haha:

20. gauder

gauder Banned

HAHAHAHA, we just call that processed cheese. Not something I think I'd be extremely proud to associate the name of my country with.