Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fellow Texans !!! Anyone heard anything on the "SLAB" closing.. I heard ...

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by rocko, Jul 21, 2003.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Fellow Texans !!! Anyone heard anything on the \"SLAB\" closing.. I heard ...

That the closing has been moved to December.. perhaps the city folks are rethinking about closing it..
    I was told by a friend of mine who lives up that way.. He said it would have too much of an impact on the economy.. hence the delay in closing it..

If it's remaining open.. we need to plan a off-roading trip/clean-up trip... make the townspeople happy..
    Who'd be up for a trip?

2. LlanoK5

LlanoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Fellow Texans !!! Anyone heard anything on the \"SLAB\" closing.. I heard ...

The law still goes into effect on Sept. 1, but will not be enforced till Jan. 1. I live up here in the area with a friend that is a county cop, according to him, the game wardens will start informing people of the law when it goes into effect.

There is a new club in Kingsland that is having a camp out and cleanup this weekend (Aug 17 & 18) They are also sponsoring a poker run on the river Sunday Aug 31. Entry is $15 per hand with an 80% payback in prizes. Sign up on the day of the run is between 9 and 10 a.m. at Eagle Rock.

Kirk