Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

female Blazer owner section?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Apr 8, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have been reading some of the posts about female Blazer owners and I was thinking about starting a new section just for the ladies who own Blazers, I have seen this done on some other sites (http://dirtroad.com/jeepgirl.htm). Maybe we could call it She K's or something, maybe a feature article on how you got into Blazers/4-wheeling/mods that you have done etc. How many female owners do we have and would you be interested? Don't worry you dont have to pose in a bikini or anything [​IMG] You would have to own the Blazer not your husband or boyfriend, no cheating.

Steve

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

I own my K5.....I'm a little leary....but listenin'. Everything you've done so far has been cool Steve.....I'll trust you.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I don't think we should segregate women to another site.... after all this isn't called ColoradoK5formen.com ? When I came to this site I thought it was for Blazer enthusiasts, I never once assumed it didn't include women.
    I don't feel it would be right, I mean, females can get the same info here so why start a new site ? This is just my 2 cents. L8r,

Riz

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Segregating I wouldn't do, but have section here so the ladies could chat with the other ladies might be a neat idea. I mean they would have access to everything else and have a place where they could talk about issues and problems with there K'5s to.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I too think there should be no segregation. Though we all consider ourselves part of the K5 "brotherhood", guess we could change that to "personhood". [​IMG] PC all the way..........

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

6. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

I think this post is great how it is. I'd rater talk to both sexes than just women..........

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

7. CK5

OK
    My idea was never to segragate anybody or anything like that, or to have women talk to other women, I just ran across http://dirtroad.com/jeepgirl.htm and thought it looked like a neat idea to show people that women like to 4-wheel as well as us ugly hairy men. [​IMG] But, this is why I try to run ideas by you guys first before I do it.

Steve

8. CK5

Re: OK, new idea

OK
    Forget about the female K5 section, how about this idea - A section where kids could submit drawings of their Mom and Dads Blazer? I'm not that old that I can't remember that I used to love to draw and color!! Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas.

Steve

9. Re: OK, new idea

Now that's a great idea, I have a picture of my blazer that my boy colored. I have to scan it, but I will try to get it to you.

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

10. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I'm not for segregation of men and women, I think that having info spread out between 2 different areas would duplicate itself and not everybody could be a part of one K5 family.
    I definetely like the idea of the drawing board for kids, My son just loves to ride in my K5 and it probably won't be too long before he's drawing pics of it.
    '77 K5

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Would that include any age ? I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil.... I'm sure my mom has some old drawings I did when I was around 8 yrs old or even younger of lifted trucks and such. I'd like to see other older peoples art as well as kids. I think that would be cool ! But, then again, I love drawing so I might be a little bias.

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Here's a sample.

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

sorry. I forgot this post was orinally about females, so here's a drawing of a chick.

14. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I love playing Devil's Advocate, I will jump the fence here.
    I think it is a great idea...everyone loves a feeling of "self", a place on the fastest growing web site around just for the women folks, a place they can call their own. A place where they can get a piece of the limelight for themselves and the Blazer the love so much. I don't think it will segregate anybody, and it certainly won't duplicate anything, because it is open access here, they can go here to see what is being covered as well as their own. It could be the start of a whole new thing, how about "Powder Puff Telico Run"? The nice thing about planting a seed is that you get to see it grow into a flower, you get to smell the aroma, partake in it's beauty. It'a worth a try....

15. No, I don't think it is a good idea. A girl can wheel the pee out of a K5 just like a guy can, and then take him/her back to the driveway and throw a new transfer in just like us guys can. Segregation sucks !! If so then we should have a USA,Canadian,African,European,White, Black, Hispanic, ect... forums too.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!