Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hawkeye, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Registered Member

Oklahoma, United States, North America, Earth, Sol
    I've got a 1972 K/5 that is mostly stock (except for a really built 350 -4bolt main- and some 33" tires). I keep having a problem with the fender bolts rattling loose when I take it down the trails (if you could call them that) at the local lake. I've tried everything, from loc-tite to even superglue! Nothing keeps them in place! I'm getting rather tired of them coming loose, as the fenders clunk and squeak and rattle louder than you can possibly imagine! Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening? Anything you can offer would be most appreciated.

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Maybe lockwashers. If lockwashers don't work, you may try to find some "Nylok" bolts. Where in Ok. are you? I live in Del City (OKC), I know you aren't taking your truck out to "forbidden" Lake Draper? They are starting to ticket people for wheelin' out there.

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Nylocks would be too much trouble since most of the nuts are welded in or in inaccessible cradles (depending on which one your talking about). I've never had that problem, but if I did, I'd use blue lock-tite.

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

If the locktite doesn't work you can try teflon tape. It has helped on some of my ratteling bolts, yet I have never had the fender bolts rattle loose ;-(