Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fender emblems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by manu, Oct 8, 2005.

1. manu

manu Registered Member

I just received fender emblems to be mounted onto a CUCV pick up truck ;
    Does any one know how to fix them ? The ones I received are original Chevy parts , but are sold without nuts or other locking stuff

Thanks for your advice

Manu

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I thought the newer ones glued or stuck on . like the chrome around the truck :dunno:

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if thay have the pins on the back go to a body shop supply store . thay will have the proper clips or nuts for ya.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh its those little cutter nuts(what i call em anyway), they hold on all sorts of trim around the truck. Only prob is you have to pull the fender to put em on :crazy: Screw that, when I replace mine im gonna glue em on;)

5. jeeptuff

jeeptuff 1/2 ton status

Speed nuts are the proper name for them, you can get them at any Napa store..

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

THATS THE NAME!!!!!!! I could never remember it, so I just called em cutter nuts since they cut into the plastic studs.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Speed nuts...

They call them "pal" nuts too--but they suck!--90% of the time they snap the studs off the emblems!.(and they are a bitch to get at and tighten--unless you have the fender off the truck!)--.

Most body shops here either use double faced 3M foam tape to stick them on,or use "Barrel Clips" that press into the hole from the outside--they have a flange to keep them from falling thru,and little "barbs" on the inside to grip the pins on the emblem..then all you have to do is press the emblem's pins into the holes with the barrel clips to install it--no ripping your hands up trying to reach those pal or speed nuts,or possibly breaking the studs off.. :doah: :crazy: