Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fender flares and rear sag

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76JIMMYWPG, May 6, 2002.

1. 76JIMMYWPG

76JIMMYWPG Registered Member

I am wondering who thinks which fender flares are better, now i know i have asked before, but i have really had no answers, and i dont want to bite the bullet and buy one and find out the other is better. i am not cutting or bolting on from the outside. Also i have a 4" Rough Country susp lift and my rear end sags a bit, what can i do to correct this? shackle flip??

2. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

If you added a shackle flip to your existing 4" lift you would have an 8" lift. If you take out your existing lift and put in the shackle flip you will be back at a 4" lift. Get some ORD zero rates, they'll add one inch of lift

3. 76JIMMYWPG

76JIMMYWPG Registered Member

sorry, i am cosidering taking the blocks out, but will the shackle flip eliminate the rear sag? BTW my rear springs aren't that old as far as i know.

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

If you put on the shackle flip it will add exactly 4'' of lift, if your blocks that you are taking out are 4'', you gain nothing. Check to see if your blocks might be 3'', then the shackle flip will give you an inch. Zero rates will give you an inch, or if you can stand an increase in spring rate add-a-leaves will give you 1 1/2''-2''

5. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

personally i like the look of fender flares, but i also like the look of tires sticking out,
    i guess it depends on if u want to keep mud and water form slinging up in the side of the truck.
    fender flares would def keep it cleaner, i would think anyways.

6. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

You can replace your rear springs and that would eliminate the sag. Why would you want fender flares?

David