Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Flares on my '54

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grieby54, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know of somewhere I could get some fender flares custom made? I doubt they make them for a '54 Chevy pickup. I'm looking for some pretty good quality stuff but not for a WHOLE lot. Any ideas or suggestions would be appriciated.

2. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

TTT anyone please?

3. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I don't see a listing on the Bushwacker site for anything that old but if you contact them they may be able to help you out.. If that don't work out you may have to figure out what style is the closest to what you need and do a little modification..

On a side note you never did get back with me on the parts we talked about :confused: :whistle:

4. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

what parts had we talked about?
    I've been outta town

5. REDCRO_REDNECK

REDCRO_REDNECK 1/2 ton status

did you check out your local big rig dealer yet? They have some nice stuff, cut to length but it might b e worth a look.

6. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I'll give it a shot. So they make them to length and I just put 'em on however I can get 'em on?

7. REDCRO_REDNECK

They have them in rolls and you buy what you need. Kinda like the cheap jc whitneys but look much more like bushwacker style flares

8. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

so do they look good and are pretty tough?

9. REDCRO_REDNECK

never used them but those parts should be tough they are used on fertilzer trucks and other large truck-equipment

10. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

You sent me a few emails about those tail lights with the bulb holder.. You said you would get pics of the bulb holder the next day because it was dark..
    I never heard anything back about the pics or the price.. You said we could figure out the price when you sent the pics..

No big deal I was just wondering if maybe you had forgot :D You can send me a E-mail at that same address so we don't clutter up the board..

11. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

are you looking for a beuty look or a utilitarian look? the big rig flair stuff is like a tire tough durable and likes armorall if you want a utilitarian look id trim them and weld on a metal flair like the m715 jeep military trucks other than the flair material like the big trucks and jc whitney has only other thing i can think of would involve changing your wheel opening to fit another trucks flair witch would add a great deal to the custom look and be friendly on the eyes as well i know ford f150 flares are round opening and s10 wheel openings are round you might have to add to your fenders to make a round rather than tear drop opening but it could work very well (if theres pic of your truck i havent seen i appoligize for my ignorance) but im only guessing at flairs that would be somewhat close from what i remember

Balzer

12. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

PLEASE use more punctuation when responding. That entire response contains 1, and only 1, punctuation mark, and it is a lot more difficult to read because of it. I definitely appreciate the response - don't get me wrong, but punctuation would help a WHOLE LOT.

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Check out AWdirect.com
    They have the flexible rubber flares. Just order the length you need for all 4 and cut to length. I think I spent $80 for all 4 of mine

14. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys :D really appriciate all the help

15. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Sorry man, I thought I was waiting on a response from you. I guess I lost track. The truck is at the junkyard now. Again I apologize for the miscommunication, brother. :doah: :(

16. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

who has time for punctuation or spelling? lol sorry i was in a hurry. ill try to remember everything my english teacher said, while i was sleeping in her class, next time.

balzer