Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender flares wanted....

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by tayv, May 27, 2003.

1. tayv

tayv Registered Member

Any one have a set of 4 Bushwacker cut out fender flares for a 76 k5? I will buy new if no one has a decent set. Live in wa st. <font color="blue"> </font>

2. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

hey just a little info, i bought some for my 84 and if i had to do it all over again i wouldnt go with them, they are to expensive and i still dont like the idea that i had to drill holes in the body /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif if your tring to eliminate rust i would just try to cut the fenders, i wish i would have went this route. hope this helps

3. tayv

tayv Registered Member

Do you just cut the rust off and bend them under? Like rolling them? Cutoof wheel? Does everyone just cut off the rocker panels? Any info. would be great, brand new to wheelin!

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

As far as the rockers go, do a search for rock sliders!
    They will basically eleminate rockers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tayv

tayv Registered Member

Thanks for the help!! any ideas where to search? Does a company make them? I didn't find any on here.

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

4x4iron makes rocksliders

7. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well if i may step in here
    i replaced my rockers with weld ins for 25 bucks, they are great
    i also have the cut outs, and i have to be perfectly honest, they are the best thign i ever done to the rig, less mud on side, more clearence, and just looks good, they werent that bad on price i think some where around 250 is what i game for all 4 of mine, i would do it and will do it with any rig i build after this one, great investment if you ask me
    i just took a plasma cutter to mine, cut it all out, and pop rivited the flares on
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifawesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well if i may step in here
    i replaced my rockers with weld ins for 25 bucks, they are great
    i also have the cut outs, and i have to be perfectly honest, they are the best thign i ever done to the rig, less mud on side, more clearence, and just looks good, they werent that bad on price i think some where around 250 is what i game for all 4 of mine, i would do it and will do it with any rig i build after this one, great investment if you ask me
    i just took a plasma cutter to mine, cut it all out, and pop rivited the flares on
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifawesome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif