Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Flares

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, Apr 25, 2002.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

Ive aready asked about flares once but since Autoaccessory.com sadly no longer does buisness with Xenon, my order and savings fell through. Now heres the question, what flares do you guys and gals like better: Xenon Sport Flares, Bushwacker ExtendaFender, or the Warn 4x4 flares. I personly like the Xenons but Im gunna have to pay 50 bucks or so more to get them from another company. All personal opinions and links to pics if you have them are greatly appreciated. Also, how much trimming is needed for the Bushwcker Cutout Flares? I have a 77' Jimmy with a 4" lift and 33's. I would like 35's but that isnt going to happen any time soon, so would they be stupid looking with the smaller tires (Huge gaps?). Again thanks in advance for all of yourhelp. Mark

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I like my homebrew ones the best. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I think the price for Xenons thruogh JC Whitney is $285. Much cheaper than most companies. Cut outs might look weird with 33's. The flares might look kinda goofy in the back too, I know my 35x12.5's on a 10 inch rim dont stick out of the rear fender opening so the flare looks (did look, took them off) kind of weird. I like the looks of these truck much more with out flares, so unless you wnat to cover up some rust or bad body work, IMO I wouldnt put them on.

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've got the bushwackers on my '84. Found em on ebay for 150.00 all 4!! You have to trim about 1.5" front and back of flare and about an 1" at the top. I like the way they look on my truck.

http://coloradok5.com/gallery/MReetz-Colorado/aaq

FYI
    I used self tapping sheet metal screws instead of drilling and using the what comes with kit, can't think of what they're called right now!

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I love your tires! Those wheel wells might look better with some bigger ones though.

6. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Got the Warn fender flares on mine with the 1.5" spacers in the back so it doesn't look all tucked in. I like 'em. They seem to be a bit more forgiving of a plastic than the Bushwackers. Just my .02

7. ryan_nwu

ryan_nwu Registered Member

for my cut outs the trimming was 2" in the frong and 1 1/4" in the back (as i remember) and the only thing that looked goofy about small tires was the width - the cut outs extend pretty far from the orig fender line, and well, the tires dont. the gap isnt too bad though