Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Flares

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by jacobean, Mar 19, 2003.

1. jacobean

jacobean Registered Member

It may sound dumb, but how do you remove and reinstall factory fender flares. I want to buy some used and install them on my sons 88 truck. Should look pretty cool with his 305 swampers and 2" lift.

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

they just bolt on the fenders with some sheet metal screws But i removed mine didnt like the chrome on the fenders... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

3. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If they are factory then its not that easy. I have two trucks with the factory ones. There are holes in the fenders where they bolt on. You have to get to them from under the hood, and behind the rear fender. I was told there aren't cheap either.

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Mine were factory chrome ones and all they did was screw into the fenders with some bolts yeah but if they werent there from factory or doesnt have the holes then some sheet metal screws should work fine... just make sure its on there even and all /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net