Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender inners ~ installation of....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bnate, Mar 11, 2006.

1. bnate

bnate 1/2 ton status

Friday I received some fenders and inner fenders. I spent today tearing down the front end of the blazer.

Would it be easier to bolt the inner fenders to the fenders and then mount them to the body and front core support?

...or mount the fenders to the body and front core support, then try to cram the inner fenders in?

I plan on trimming the fenders later once all mounted. :hack: The back quarter is already trimmed.

Thanks in advance.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

in my past experience it seems to be easier to jack up truck and remove wheels,

then you can unbolt the inner and outer as a whole unit and pull them off the truck

putting it back together can be done a couple of different ways,

either losely bolt the innr in place first and then put the outer on and loosely put all the bolts in everywhere and then tighten them all up

or loosely bolt the inner to the outer and put them on the truck as a unit and then get all the rest of the bolts in and then tighten them all up

im getting ready to rmeove the inners on my 77 hopefulyl tomorrow if its not storming all day

but im kinda doing it the hard way, am not removing the outers,
    gonna try and drop the inners out

most likely gonna have to jack it up and pull wheels off, but maybe not, shouldnt be too bad at all, other than removing the frozen bolts, which i started soaking today with PB blaster

(me prays for the best)

not that i havent removed a billion fenders, inners outers, clips, cabs, etc, in the past, nothing new, just been a while now,

hmm

good luck

3. bnate

bnate 1/2 ton status

thanks. will try

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it aint that bad,

theres a bit more room than you think

i just dropped the inners out of the 77 this morning and cut trimmed the outers and it was cake walk, didnt even have to jack the truck up or anything

now my tires dont rub anymore, yay!

happy fender bolting :D