Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fender mods

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by aj johnson, Oct 4, 2005.

1. aj johnson

aj johnson 1/2 ton status

I have an 89 K5, and it seems that I was reading somewhere that if you are using the rear springs up front, you can get bushwacker fender flares from a later model pickup that will allow you to open the front part of the front fenders significantly more than using the flares specified for my 89... I'll be damned if I can find the post tho! anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm trying to figure out what year those flares were supposed to fit.
    Thanks for any help guys... :bow: :bow:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  2. aj johnson

aj johnson 1/2 ton status

anyone at all?

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

Don't recall ever seeing that post before or hearing anything like that you can only modify the front fender wheel well's so much untill you have to find a new way to attach the inner fender springs would have nothing to do with it.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

if you offroad, in anything but big open mud pits, the bushwacker or similar plastic flares are a waste of cash IMO.

if you want some sort of flare...there are a few companies out there that sell a do-it-yourself kind of kit that includes a sort of rubber flare which will hold up to trees, rocks, etc. much better and usally about 1/6th the price.