Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Question 73-79 on a 80+ truck/nose

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88sub4x4, Apr 1, 2003.

1. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

I have a 88 Suburban. Just wondering if the 73-79 fenders will bolt on and line up with the rest of the nose on my truck. Or would I need a new hood too, or would the grill area not line up either. I know the bodyline along the fender is different, but I wouldn't mind the older look. Thanks to anyone who can answer. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

those fenders will bolt up to your truck...but in order to do so you would need the whole front clip..like the hood and inner fenders and grill, support to go along with it.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

you hoood will never line up right if you use the 73-80 designed fenders on a 81-up cab. the hood hinge system is different.

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

So i guess taking off my newer style fenders and bolting on a set of older one's wont work unless I change the other stuff too. A guy at work has new GM 73-79 fenders, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Oh well, so much for that idea. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif