Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender trimming pics requested

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but almost all the picture links are dead when I search the archives. I bought some 35x10.5" Swamper SSR's and I plan to get them on my M1008 CUCV with no lift. The CUCV sits kinda high to start with, like a 34" tire can just about fit with no modification at all. I plan to get an offical body shop guy to help me out, but I'd really like to see some pictures of moderate fender trims so I have some ideas in my head to work from. I'd like to keep it as minimal as possible.

TIA, and please don't yell at me, I searched for 45 minutes.

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

whats an "offical body shop guy"?
    Is that this guy :grind: or this guy :hack: those are the only ones I know of

3. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

4. Mastiff

It's a guy who does body work for a living. :wink1: My truck is redneck enough without having any more backyard body work on it.

5. Mastiff

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

wash it?? hhahahaha, thats funny, besides Mud is an acceptable sawzall lubricant right???

All i did was cut the front off straight across the bottom a little below the core support filler, then i measured back @ 6 inches from the front edge of the rear part. marked it, then pulled a string from the top of the opening to the mark, followed the string with a sharpie then busted out Mr. Milwakee. Couple mins later no more thump thump thump of swamper lugs on sheetmetal.