Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Trimming?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TB2Blazer, Nov 28, 2004.

1. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Went to trim my fenders today /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif to make room for my 39.5's and started cutting into my front fenders and found out that the fenders are tied into my fender wells. And if I take out the fender wells then my battery rack and coolant overflow tub goes too. I know I could remount them but is there any other way to do this and keep my fender wells intact? Any pic and detailed info would be appreciated.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Jah, I was looking at mine today... thinking that I can get rid of some rust and trim for bigger tires all at once /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif ... up front seemed like it had a LOT less room to trim than in back. The wheel wells in back seemed HUGE in back in comparison to the inner fenders up front.

So for a serious fender hack job, does one yank or re-do the inner fenders up front?

-- A

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Dont cut them... use a big ol' hammer and beat them back to where ever you cut the outer ones to.

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I'm re-doing my front's inners.

Well, I'm cutting them down so its mostly the top and the start of the sides, then finishing it off with rubber matting.

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Lose the inner fenders. They are overrated. I spent all week in the snow, sand, water, and mud and yet my engine is alost spotless.

6. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lose the inner fenders. They are overrated. I spent all week in the snow, sand, water, and mud and yet my engine is alost spotless.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Yeah, unless all you wheel is rock... you need inner fenders. Come wheel the places I do and say you dont need inner fenders.
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif