Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Trimming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bross82, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

What is the best way to go about trimming a rounded out corner?? From my limited use of the sawzall so far...it seems like it'd be near impossible. Anytime I didnt keep it going in a straight line, the bit would bind on the metal and stop moving....and did this most of the time even going straight. I was able to do this with a thinner bit, with much finer teeth that came with it. This was cutting a little faster than the other blade....But, for however much faster it cut didnt matter. This blade bit the dust right away and snapped after only cutting a few inches. Probably doesn't matter, but it is a craftsman sawzall with the 3 bits that came with it...well 2 now :doah:

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i use a cutoff or radiac wheel, they will do corners as long as the radius you are doing isnt smaller then the radiac wheel. just angle the cut off wheel and roll around your radius. a couple of pics of my front fender. gee... i guess the shadow doesent help.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  3. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I used a 4.5" angle grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut, and a grinder head to smooth. I also used a sawzall to cut the junk behind the outter fender sheetmetal.

[​IMG]

That's the best pic I have of it right now......