Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fender trimming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Jun 30, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Feb 22, 2001
    Have 4" inch lift, 35" and now 2 inch body. I want to go to 37 and some fender trimming, but want to know if other have done this and how much. I was thinking to take out all the rear under the rubber body molding, I need to take out some of the front fender in the rear as already have bent this in and up. I was lookin too take out the front front section everything under the side marker, and then max out rest of trimming to everything up to inner fender wells. Has anyone done this, and I am looking for as many pictures as possible of done jobs. Thanks in advance.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    On my 81 Jimmy I trimmed the front of the front fender about 4" under the marker lamp...anything more and yer into the rad support. At the rear I followed Steve's example and measured 6" from the door and went straight up to the fender arch so it looks blended in.

Do a search on the main page and check out the UAV...I believe it has 37's and 5" total lift.

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>