Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fender Trimming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russ, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    I was wondering if you had any good close up pictures of how much cutting you had to do to keep those 37's from rubbing? I have a 90 Blazer that I am running 37" Boggers on a 6" National Spring lift and a 1" ORD body lift and even after cutting I still make pretty serious contact with the rear part of the front fenderwell. This is also after moving the front axle forward an inch when the springs were made. Thanks for the help.
    Russ

2. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Russ, do you have any pics of your fenders currently, I would like to see them because I am thinking of running 37's but I don't know what size of lift I should put on. Thanks

It's not what you buy, its what you build...

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Russ, I run 36" TSL's with 5" of lift, no sway bar and they don't even come close to hitting. If your 37's hit you need to trim more...[​IMG] I patterned my trim after Steve's. I measured 6" from the front edge of the door and scribed a mark, then i used a flexible straight edge and drew a line up to almost the top of the fender arch and cut a ton of steel out of my front fenders...[​IMG] If you do it like this the inner fender will also need to be trimmed or bent rearwards and somehow fastened. i bent my inner fender back and tack welded it to the fender.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

4. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

tRusty,
    Thanks for the info, I was trying to figure out how I would work the inner fender if I cut back that far. I also am not running a swaybar so it flexes a lot (right into the fender). I definitely have to keep my inner fenders now though as I just moved to Florida and it is a quite bit muddier here than it was in Southern California.
    Bullet- Sorry but I do not have any pictures and don't have a digital camera to take any yet.
    Russ