Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fender trimming

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelin247, Aug 31, 2001.

1. wheelin247

wheelin247 1/2 ton status

I am about to do some major trimming for my k5 i have a 4 inch sus and 3 body and im puttin on 38 in swampers but i found out if i cut that it will hit my wheel wells what do i do about that i plan on cuttin up to about 2 inches fromt the body line on the side (if u know what i mean im tryin to axplain as much as a ican but its kinda hard hope u guys can help me out thanks .

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

What year of K5? I have an 89, cut away maximum amount all around withoug disturbing body cross members supports. I did cut out some of the support behind the front fenders, then welded the inner fender back to it. All in all, I am pretty happy with mine. Check it out on members' rides.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

With 7" lift you will not have to trim as much as you think.

Start small, you can always take more off. It's hard as hell to put it back.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My friend ran 4+3 and 38.5s with no trimming and they hardly ever rubbed. You shouldn't have to trim much.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles