Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fenders

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dpearson, Jul 27, 2000.

1. dpearson

dpearson Registered Member

I read a while back about removal of fenders with the inner fender as one piece (makes it easier), it was a web page. Anyone know what the Heck I'm talking about??

2. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

I think I know what you are talking about but what do you want to know? How to remove them together? Pretty straight foward, where are you stuck?

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

3. dpearson

I have to remove both fenders and purchase aftermarket ones to replace them because I was in a accident. I haven't looked at them yet but remember reading something about removing both outer and inner fender to make the process simpler. My main concern is getting the new ones to line up because the frame has to be straightened. Any suggestions would be appreciated maybe I should remove the whole front clip, dont know but am about to find out. Just looking for some insight before I tackle it.

4. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

I would say that if you are taking the parts off because they are damaged from the accident then just take them off any way you can. If you were removing the clip to do some work then putting the same clip back on then maybe it would be easier to do in one piece, but this isn't the case. Repros don't fit the best so when you put it back together just attatch the fenders without the inners while you are lining everything back up. Once the fenders are lined up then install the inners. I find it easier to play around with the fenders while the inners are out. The inners go on no problem with the fenders on anyway. Thats the way I do it but everybody has their own way that they find to be easy for themselves. Once you do it you will have your own way that you do it that you find easy.

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

5. dpearson

Makes sense, THANKS!!

6. Ragbagger

Ragbagger Newbie

Take them out and put them back together. I just replaced both fronts and rebuilt the inners. I first tried to put them back seperately and that didn't work. It almost impossible to get the bolts and holes to line up. Plus if you use new nuts and bolts, it is impossible to bolt them back together on the the truck.