Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fenders?????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Suzukirider85, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Suzukirider85

Suzukirider85 Registered Member

what is the difference between the 1973-1980 and the 1981-1987 front fenders other than the side marker being turned different? are the monting bolts and everything else the same? i have a 1975 K1500 and have found a 82 suberban and wanted to know if teh fenders would be compaditble. thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You can't change just the fenders. The hood and core support are different too. The whole line of the truck tapers down towards the front of the truck in the later models. You need to swap the entire front clip to your truck in order to do it right. It mostly fits, but you need to cut some holes for the later model hood hinges to bolt on properly. When you see the two side by side it's pretty clear what has changed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Speaking of the hood differences, I believe 81 is when they went to a cowl+hood. Before that, the hood and cowl were all one piece (meaning the hood ran from the windshield to the rad support).

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, for it to look nice, you need the cowl trim piece from the donor truck also. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I haven't measured yet to see if the windshield wiper drive posts also have to be swapped out. It looks like they may be slightly longer on the new trucks, to clear the cowl trim.