Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fenderwells

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Jul 2, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to increase the size of my wells but I live in a state where wheel coverage is mandatory (sort of). First off how can I cut and clear 38's with 6" lift? I already have 35's and at max compress I rub the inner well, correction I hit the inner well. I don't want to lose the flex that I have. Second how do I extend to cover wider tires? Third it has to look nice! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I know you saw zaw guys were just itchin to cut but It's my daily driver and needs to be good lookin yet functional. I like the UAV fenders but need to add width. I have heard that the older late 70's models had larger wells. Any one try to cut a late 80's to match and then add a set of bushwackers from a late 70's model? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Bushwacher Cutouts allow you to trim the fenders and they cover into the wheelwell so it looks good. They also add something like 5" for tire coverage.

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Check this out:
    76 GMC 6" lift,2" body lift strictly for rerouting the exhaust pipes, 38.5 SS TSL/SX's
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Do the cut out flare and tub the inner fender wells.You can get these from Summit or Jegs.

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

The bad thing about those is that they are made with very thin steel. Much thinner than the stock ones. I don't think you could even sit on them without 'em colllapsing /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

6. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

This may be more work than you want, but i'am thinking about using "bending plywood". It's plywood where all the layers are laid parallal to each other, making it very flexiable in one direction.

Take out the old wheel well and cut the fender till your hearts content. Make a wheel well useing the plywood, maybe underline it with sheetmetal. Use your imagination.....

Than to protect it from most certain distruction, install a partial exo-cage, say from the front bumper up and over along the edge of your new wheel well (which sticks out as far as you need) down and along the rocker panel, than back up over the rear wheel to the back end... It's a lot of work but its the route i'am looking at because i want to run 40/42's with 30" to the bottom of the frame. Which means i can't use the regular fender wells... don't laugh dreams can come true. lol.