Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ferrari Testaretta????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by '73 K5, Aug 29, 2003.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

So the wife and I are driving down the street about 15 minutes ago and pull up behind a newer looking SUV. I looked at the back above the license plate and it had the Ferrari logo and said "Testaretta." I'm not 100% sure of the spelling, but it was real close to that. Then we pulled up beside it and had another Ferrari logo on the side...like where our K5 one is. And I'm not an expert on newer SUV's, but it looked different than any I have seen before. So I just got home and can't find anything about it online. My searches are coming up empty. Has anyone heard of a Ferrari SUV???

2. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

haha a ferrari suv, not going to happen. Maybe some thing rebadged, but they have never made one.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There was a European SUV made in the 80's I think... It wasn't a ferrari, but it was a ferrari (the model)... I think... took quite a bit of searching to find the couple paragraphs about it that I did, so good luck finding info on it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And you couldn't link those paragraphs.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.giffirst we find out you don't like 2 girls kissing and now this... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    And you couldn't link those paragraphs.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.giffirst we find out you don't like 2 girls kissing and now this... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif well.. it WAS a long long time ago that I did that search... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Besides, this subject has been talked about before... DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Hey... I'm just kiddin, dawg... Keep it real, homez /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Crap... I just did a search and got nothing... I know it's been discussed here before /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif... Oh well... scour Yahoo, it might take an hour, but you'll find a little info on it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Lambourghani made a SUV back in the day, looks sort of like a HMMWV, but can run something 120mph.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Screw the Xploder, and the Grand Cherokee, and any Chevy I could ever have... I want one of THOSE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Here ya go Kinda fugly /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

They CAN'T make that, it's the UGLIEST thing EVER.... even beats the Element /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that seriouslly looks like someone put a ferrari into photoshop and just stretched it up down and every other direction.

16. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

The Cheetah is the early version of the Lamborghini LM002, which was developed as a military fast attack vehicle origianlly. The LM002 has a contach motor, and can do 120mph. Not a far leap for Lamborghini since the super car market is really an off shoot of their bread and butter production... farm tractors. If ferrari was to build a 4x4 it would be a one of and be made for someone with enough cash to bank roll it, As for a production car they would more than likely be badged under on of the other badges in thier group such as Maseratti or maybe Lancia. Ferrari owners would litterally go insane if the company came out with one, and do you really want to piss off your consumer base when your only cranking out a few thousand (if even) cars a year total.

17. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

who would have expected a Porsche suv a few years ago?

18. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Very true, but if you talk to repeat porsche buyers they will dismiss it as a true porsche. Just like they do with the 914, 924, 944, 928, and the 968, Since real Porsches arent front engine or have Vw motors. You ever look at prices for 928's, the highest priced Porsches at the time and now you can get them for the price of a used vette of the same year while the 911's have kept thier value. The Cayennes arent selling overly well for being such a "hot" truck, the exception might be the twin turbo. These of course are just my opinions, drawn from poeple that own these types of high end cars, And a friend of mine that manages a German import car dealer ship in the chicago area. The gear head sided of me wants people like Porsche and Ferrari to build trucks like this because they push the edges of technology when ever they make something, which can only lead to better stuff in the long run. The other side of me says, who really cares. Even if i had the cash i wouldnt buy one i would rather have a real truck if i need one, a sports car for days i want to go fast, and a big ass mercedes 4 door for going out to dinner with friends.

19. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

The mystery has been solved. I saw another SUV today that looked just like the "Ferrari." After some speeding, I caught up to it enough to read the badges on the back. Nissan Murano.
    So some dillweed had gone to the trouble to totally debadge one and add the Ferrari stuff. Did a dang nice job of it, but I still can't figure out why. Maybe it's like the poor kids in the 'hood that put BMW stuff on their Oldsmobiles.

20. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yeah and perhaps it's like those fools who put escalade clips on their chivvy's and gmc's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Or like the minivan I saw in Greeley yesterday that had peeling paint, rust, tinted windows with little air bubbles, but some damn nice rims stickin out about ten feet on the sides /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif bling bling, anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif