Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Few lift Q's.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudseeker, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mudseeker

mudseeker Registered Member

Greetings All!! :bow: I recently obtained a bone stock 1990 Blazer. (350 TBI,700r4/np241 and 10 bolts) I want to add a 4" lift to it and some bigger tires,but have a few questions before doing this. I read alot of the tech. stuff and it talks about the drive line angles when lifting the truck. My question is...how much lift can you safely install before you need to start thinking about the drive line angles? Thanks for the info in advance.

2. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

4" lift is pretty guarenteed to have no driveline problems, 6" is unlikley, but possible, that you wont have driveline problems... most people run 6" with no problems, but ive heard (and had) driveline problems with a 6".

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I had to correct quite a bit when my 6in went on. 4 is definitly safer and cheaper way to go if you're worried about driveline problems

4. mudseeker

mudseeker Registered Member

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info folks. Thats what i was looking for. Thanks lots. :bow:

5. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

Just put my 12" lift on last weekend and ended up being able to drive it without lengthening the driveshaft or anything. Of course, it is short and I will be having it re-done, but just goes to show. I bet you could do 6" and not see a problem.