Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

few more ??

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Jul 22, 2006.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Got to talk with him about this burban. truck has a 355 roller motor. Can someone tell me what a roller motor means?? Has stock tbi. i think its called. Ported heads too. th400 that was built to take 700HP. 14bsf with a no spin. was rebuilt at the same time. Has a 1 year old pro comp 6" lift on it. With the few people i talked to, pro comp is not to good. Does have some more rust then i thought from what he said. all the above has 32k on it and he wants 2600. 1500 was for his old sub he let go of. Going to go look at it again soon. let me know what you think guys.

thx guys

DSC02443.JPG

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

roller motor = rollercam engine.

but i have some douts on the 700hp 400 then backed with a 14sf axle and its prob a gov bom unit. its hard to tell if the motor has the roller cam and lifters in it with out pulling the intake. and with all 1peice rear main tbi motors thay have the castings in the lifter valley to take the rollor stuff. but trucks didnt get them stock to much.

procomp is o.k. lift just rides hard and is not as true on actual lift # when installed as to highth.

if thay have good recipts and stuff then i might be more tempted to belive the storys i have been told and seen over the years.

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

OK thanks for the info