Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Few questions Tranny and D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 25, 2003.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OK my 700 is gonna take a sh!t soon /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The converter chatters very badly, and it's burning fluid like it's it's job /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I have a freshly rebuilt TH400 in my parts truck. I have pretty much figured I never use OD and when I get bigger tires I for sure won't. I want to keep my 241 or a 208 cause I don't wheel rocks to much and I am not puutin down any HP /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I know I need a 32 spline input case, but where can I get one? Brand new or used.....any ideas?

What is the diff between a SRW D60 and DRW D60? How much does it cost to convert? All I can see to find is duallies /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The difference between the SRW and the DRW is about 8 inches, same as the difference betwen a boy and a girl. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif To convert them you just need to get the SRW hubs, at about $200 a pop. PM me and I'll give you a line on some SRW D60s for $1000.</font>

3. MTBLAZER89

Anybody on the tranny/T-case??

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

What t case is behind the th400? If it is a 208 then swapping to a 241 is easy. All you need is the input shaft for the t case. The 241 is easy to tear down and put back toghther. I did the exact same swap on the 90, took the 700 out and put a th400 in and used the 90 t case by just swapping the input. My 400 had a 208 behind it orgionally. If you can't find the correct input shaft then give Highangle a call and talk to Jess. He probably will not have what you need but he should know where you can get one. I needed t case parts once and he gave me a # for a place which had them but I have since lost the #.

5. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

The difference is more like 6". If you like HMMWV wheels, you could run stock HMMWV wheels if you wanted to. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got my DRW hubs for about 120 for both.

6. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    What t case is behind the th400?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a 241. I am just in need of a 208/241 that came from behind a 400 or the 32 spline input gear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif