Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

few questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big'nBadK5, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

Ok, i am doing the 3/4 ton swap this week and was wondering a few things. i am doing a 6 inch lift "6 inch front springs, echobit rear flip, zero rates.) i am putting new tires on it but i am not going to be able to afford new gear sets for some time (right now i have 4.10's open) and i am going to have an sm465, the question i have first is what would be a good tire size considering my predicament, i figured i can go pretty damn big on the 4.10 gears with the low gear in the tranny but am not sure how big.i drive the truck every day and wheel pretty often so i was just looking for opinion. thanks, sorry for the choppy post. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

35's to 38's./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Fender trimming may be required with the larger tires.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

You'll rub just a little with fender trimming, mostly on the front of the cab. The 4.10's are just a little on the tall side but good for gas mileage, the granny gear will help you quite a bit.