Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Few simple questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jan 28, 2006.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well i finally pulled the motor im getting outta the truck it was in. A 350 crate w/ 30,000 on it, it has a high rise intake w/ holley carb on it right now. My 305 is TBI, when i was planning this swap a few months ago i kept reading in need new injectors and a computer and knock sensor. Other than those three what do i need? Also is this the computer and will my 305 stuff plug into it? (sry not to familar w/ engine components)

[​IMG]

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

that is the MAP sensor, the computer should be in an unfinished metal case about 4 1/2" X 7" try doing a search, a lot as been covered on this swap

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

in the pic, the think on the left is the ESC module you will need a new one of these from a 350, they are calabrated for the desplacement of the motor. the other thing is the map sensor, i believe this is the same between 305 and 350, i know it is for a 4.3 and a 350.

the computer that you need to change is behind the glovebox ontop on the heater core box. you can use the same computer and just change the chip, but you need a chip from the same style computer with the same style chip. if you have no clue what i mean, just get a computer from a 350 that has the same service numbers and change the whole thing. the knock sensor off a TBI 4.3 is the same as a TBI 350, so if your junkyard hunting and can't find one off a 350, a 4.3 is the same.