Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FEW TRANNY QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Nov 18, 2002.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

First off its a 700R4 and Im not a tranny expert but not completely stupid about them
    Ok well the trans isent real bad except form 1st to 2nd it bangs hard even if you get off the gas before it sifts and the harder you are on the gas the harder it bangs. The othergears are fine though(sometimes very slighly rough) but most the time you can BARLEY feel it shift. Is this sing of needing a rebuild and aporomixaly how much is a rebuild(I no every tranny guy and ever where is gonna be differnt but im just asking for a close guess)

Another thing is do Camaros with a 700R4 have the same 700R4 as a 1/2ton and will bolt up and beable to use the 4x4 still

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

No one knows anything?

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since there was a lack of info, I went to your profile to check out what you had and what did I read? Absolutely nothing! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Please fill out your profile so we can see what you have and know what to expect when questions like this arise. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. First ckeck your motor and transmition mounts to make sure they are ok, I used to rebuid tranies profesionaly and saw many complaints of hard shifts due to bad mounts. Then ajust your TV(thotle Valve) cable, you can find it by removing the air cleaner and following the cables atattched to your carb, you need the one going to the tranie and that has a small black box built into it just behind the carb. lift up the clip/tab on the box then pull on the cable behind the box so as to lessen the amount of cable housing bettween the box and the carb. finnaly push the tab down, make sure there is nothing under the pedle including matts and then push it all the way to the floor and the cable will ajust it's self.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Would adjusting the TV cable or bad motor/tranny mounts effent just the 1st to 2nd shift thoug I would think it would make ALL shifts rough.

6. It wont afect just those gears but you would feel it more in the lower gears because your tourque is multiplied more

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I cant find that TV cable if you could post a picture of it higlighted or pointed to that would be a GREAT help.