Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FF, Chevy, Sterling, Ford, Dodge, D-60 / 70 Disc kits $66.50 shipped

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by greatlakeoffroad, Sep 16, 2005.

1. greatlakeoffroad

greatlakeoffroad Registered Member

Yes you read correctly this is a special we are going to run for a short time here on CK5. What you get are 2-3/8" thick laser cut plates/hardware made from DOM tube. These brackets are laser cut the holes are drilled on a Bridgeport mill and tapped using an automated Snow tapping machine. I have more of these kits on the market then any other vendor out there, period! If you are in need of a D-70 kit we will need to check the mount spacing and also you will need a 1' chunk of DOM tube to use as spacers for the brackets. Shipping is via USPS flat rate if your prefer UPS please contact me w/ your zip code I will quote you the difference. Lower 48 only, Thanks Shawn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  2. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Can't see the pics.

3. greatlakeoffroad

Alright techies how is it that I can see them just fine and this guy can't?

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I can see the pics.

5. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

damn, that is a great price.

6. greatlakeoffroad

We are small shop that delivers reasonable prices, quality parts and quick turn around. I keep all products in house and buy bulk to help keep costs to a minimum. Let me know if I can help. thanks Shawn

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

welcome aboard Shawn. :) you still need to make some similarly priced toyota 8" axle disc brake kits. ;) :grin: good to see ya over here on ck5 anyway though. :)

j

8. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Is it really that much of a special? I mean, you sell them on ebay for just about the same money, maybe a slight difference on shipping.

EBAY AUCTION

9. greatlakeoffroad

Well, now lets be fair I'm sure you found our most inexpensive kit so I will post a link to the other two more expensive kits also. So, yes this is a special for CK5 members. Now was this just a flame or were you actually interested in our product? Please be aware E-bay like other venues of sale go up and down with the competition and costs of steel which are now going up again. Thanks Shawn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7999983407&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7999983429&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  10. greatlakeoffroad

Nice to hear from you again, I now have in my possession a toy 8" axle. I must admit though I have not gotten very far due to the fact we are close getting several new items out for sale. Stay tuned for more updates.

11. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

thats a good looking set of brackets.

Might have to get a set soon.

Do you have to run 3/4 ton calipers or can you run a caddy caliper?

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thanks for the reply in the pm. but i wanted to ask you more. but you turned off your pm box. so i guess you dont want to talk. see ya. and the kit wont work on newer pop off axle. the spindle specs changed along with the hubs . so no your std kit wont work.

13. greatlakeoffroad

When we signed up it had the PM box turned on, we try to keep all the different forum PM boxes off so that all our messages get sent to our e-mail address which is in our sig. I realize the spindle specs changed and also the hubs but the critical area from the back of the hub to the backing plate flange stayed the same along with the bracket mount flange. I have one of these axles in house I can check if needed also. Thanks Shawn

14. greatlakeoffroad

We run the 75 chevy 3/4 ton parts on all are kits, the 76-78 caddy rear eldorado calipers will work also for an e-brake. Thanks Shawn

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

well, I guess that's fair... seein' how my toyota axles are just sitting under my carport doin' a whole lot of nuttin' rather then being slung under a buggy. ;) sometimes procrastinating just sounds like a good idea. I'm sure you'll have some toy stuff in the market before I have a fully built buggy. ;)

j

16. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Fair, how am I not being fair asking a question? As for which kit I "found" .. I did a search for a 14B disc kit... which is probably the most likely request you will receive from THIS website... is that FAIR enough? To say I chose the least expensive... I didn't, I simply chose the first auction I saw. So, seeing as how the price is pretty much the same for the 14b brackets, on ebay, as your special here.. I say that theres no reason to get it here vs. ebay. Maybe the price is good,.. fine, but don't act as though you're giving it to only CK5 members. When I can get the same kit from you as a "stranger" on ebay, I'm not really gaining much here by using my Ck5 "discount". Which, don't get me wrong, you ... or other vendors don't "have" to give anyway.

Now, as for the "FLAME" .. I don't believe my question was a flame, nor was it intended to be. It was simply a question. If you feel that it was, maybe it's time for a little self-reflection.. :dunno:

I also noticed that you completely revised your whole response to my question.. the qoute I have above is not the reply you posted before. I would have to wonder why you felt the need to do that. ????

As for the brackets themselves, no I am not in the market for any. I puchased a set last month from another vendor here, for specific features that his brackets offered.

I understand the need to adjust prices with the cost of materials... trust me I do. My father owned a cabnet shop for many years and it's no different. But, I don't see how that makes any difference about how ANYONE in the world can by your brackets off ebay, yet you came in here acting like WE were getting a special price. If the other kits are actually discounted below their ebay prices then in that aspect, I am wrong about it, and apologize for not checking into those kits as well. However, as I mentioned, the majority of people here preffer to swap in the Corp. 14B FF because it's strong, inexspensive, and relatively easy to find. So, that's the kit I looked up. As for competition on ebay, I can say, you are not the only disc bracket vendor on this sight either. There are several other vendors here who offer them.

I hope this clears up any ideas about what you thought my intensions were.

17. greatlakeoffroad

Ok, so its not a flame and you didn't need my product. I apologize. As stated its a CK5 special all three of these kits are less than you can buy elsewhere shipping included. Thanks

18. greatlakeoffroad

Please be aware you can also use our D-60 kits to run discs on your Chevy D-70 units. If you are interested in this you can read the write up on our website www.greatlakeoffroad.com If buying for this purpose please make sure you let me know so we can get you taken care of the first go around as the D-70 also utilizes spacers similiar to the 14 bolts. Thanks Shawn

19. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

thanks for the reply . but why did you tell me it would work if you know it is diffrent? and the specs that you said stayed the same are in fact diffrent. please look at your setup in the shop and set both side by side and check over both and you will see thay are two totaly diffrent setups.

20. greatlakeoffroad

We have in fact sold these to guys who used them on these axles and to the best of my knowledge it will work. I have never heard of any problems with my kit working with that axle. I will have to tear into it and see what differences there may be. I was under the impression the critical aspects I described early were the same as the prior years. I needed to install a kit on this anyhow I will do an install on my axle and if in fact there are differences I will make a kit for this axle. Thanks Shawn