Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ff14 bolt modifications

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gmcsrgr8, May 15, 2002.

1. gmcsrgr8

gmcsrgr8 Registered Member

I just shaved my rearend! Boy it sure itches now. I think my aftershave sucks, or my razor was dull.(kidding) Here is my question. Before I bolt this up to my jimmy, I want to make sure that I get everything done right. Shaving that was pretty fun and now I want to know about the shock brackets. How hard or easy is it to move, or make new brackets that are on top of the axle tube. and is it even worth the effort.Any and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks all

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Very easy to do.

Just get a plasma cutter and cut them off to relocate them up higher on the tubes. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I torched off the origionals and made some <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/photo/34634137/34633035NSGOlk>new ones</a> .How much did ya shave off the bottom?

4. gmcsrgr8

gmcsrgr8 Registered Member

I'm not sure if I am done shaving it yet, but so far I have cut the lip off from the base of the dif. cover. It is now a smooth angle and there are no edges that hang down anywhere. I plan on adding an Avalanche Eng. rock ring and I don't know if I want to modify either that or the dif. cover by shaving more off, so I may be done grinding. At least I removed that lip.