Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FI question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88streetblaze, Oct 22, 2001.

1. 88streetblaze

88streetblaze 1/2 ton status

so i was digging in my magazines and i found a lt-1 that had been transplanted into an older vehicle. my question is after looking at it closer i noticed that the map sensor had been removed and the holes for it in the intake were pluged and there was no maf sensor. i was under the impression that you had to have either the speed density set up or the mass air flow... any thoughts?

<font color=blue> If sancho knows what good for him, he best go run and hide. Cause daddy's got a new 45.</font color=blue>

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

He must have been running a custom FI computer. Most of the aftermarket stuff does use a MAP or MAF but you don't have to. I have seen FI done using rpm and tps as the only variables it is just a bit harder to do.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>