Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fiberglass Front

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigbluesuburban, Nov 15, 2006.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Just wondering...

Does anyone make 'glass parts for the front of my '69?

How about a full tilt front?

2. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I have a pic of a blazer with a tilt front, but i dont know if they just welded all the parts together or if its aftermarket. I would love one myself.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

U.S. Body does. They make 1 piece tilt front ends, hoods with and without cowl induction, race-weight,street-weight, etc, etc.

I plan on using their race-weight cowl induction hood.

4. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Those are nice parts. I am going to call and talk to them tomorrow. Thanks for the link

5. gaspass

gaspass 1/2 ton status

Caution!

I used to live in Florida and have been to US Body Source in Hamton, Florida. Back in 1997 it was a pretty low budget operation and their products had a reputation of cracking easily. I've heard that they now have 2 levels of each product like CDA 455 said: a lightweight "racing" application part, and a steel reinforced product that resists cracking better under offroad use. However, the "race weight panels historically do not hold up well under heavy off road use. Make sure you are getting the right weight piece or you may be very unhappy. I knew a guy in Orange Park, Florida that bought the "race weight" hood and front fenders for his 69 Camaro and had nothing but trouble with them, from poor fit, to cracking around the mounting points. When he called US Body Source about it they were unwilling to help out because he had used racing parts in a street application. Yea, the race weight may save some pounds, but may not be worth the hassle in the long run.

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Wow, thanks for the heads up :bow: :eek1: !