Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fiberglass hood buy or make

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 74K5Jay, Sep 8, 2001.

1. 74K5Jay

74K5Jay Registered Member

I'm considering buying a fiberglass cowl hood and was wondering where to buy one. Has anybody had any bad experiences with them ? My other option is to make one and if I do is anyone interested in buying one? ( I work at a plastics and fiberglass plant ) any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

The only real concern I had about them was it seems that people have a problem keepin paint on them (due to the flexing) I'd love to have a nice, light, cowl induction hood, but the cracking paint would drive me nuts.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

I have one here on a 75 C20 truck if you need a pattern. It was a cowl induction intake that was added to a stock hood. It is not done at the front being bondo'ed in. I would be interested in one if you can make it have some rigidity beams underneath. I'm in Alabama.

Neil H.. Alabama.. '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne. '74 C10 3spd/floor 250ci 4x2

4. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

Say you might look on www.usbody.com. They have a bunch of good looking stuff there. Look at it and let the $ do the talking. Hope this helps!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

6. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

Look in parts for sale or wanted. Emmetology 101 has a cowl hood for sale. Didn't catch the year but it is there. Hope this helps!!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

At the World Street Finals '99 in Orlando, Fla, I came across a guy that had parts he makes in Fla. The prices are right and the quality was outstanding! He will add any scoop to a hood you want. I checked out the pin on 4" cowl hood for my 3rd gen Camaro thoroughly. The finish was sweet and the hood was incredibly straight! The hood was for sale for $200.00. Price out a 4" pin on thru Harwood for a 3rd gen Camaro, Much more expensive. He shows on the price list I have a 3" cowl hood, Bolt on for 81-87 GM for $345.00. A pin on hood is only $200.00.

Like I said, I felt the hoods real good and being a body man I didnt want no wavy junk. These hoods were STRAIGHT!

If anyone is interested, Hebb Products, in Bartow Fla
    (863)-676-7736.
    Ask for Greg or Jonathan Hebb.

I get all the excercise I need pushing my luck![​IMG]