Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fiberglass on the floor

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stickshooter, Oct 26, 2001.

1. stickshooter

stickshooter Registered Member

Has anyone used fiberglass to patch holes in the floorboard? Is this a bad idea? It seems like some minor holes in some non critical areas could be glassed and painted much easier that cutting out the whole floor and welding in a new one.

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had a body guy tell me when I was trying to fix mine to use fiberglass. I twill never rust and will work in non critical areas. I would work under seats too if you braced it properly.

My .02
    John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

3. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

I've used it on some minor holes with great results, I ground down the rusted metal, fiberglassed the hole, POR-15'd the good metal around the hole to prevent rust, and painted the fiberglass black to match. You can barely tell it is there, and two winters with no additional rust in those spots.

<font color=red>I will not tolerate intolerance </font color=red>[​IMG]