Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fiberglass Top

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by c13russo, Oct 7, 2002.

1. c13russo

c13russo Registered Member

Hey all...
    Question. Does anyone make a NEW fiberglass top for 1st generation blazers. Slim pickin's on ebay and the like, and I can't find anything about it on the net. I can find a replacement hatch, but I'd rather just get the full meal deal. Am I a fool for even asking?
    thanks
    -Charlie

2. bdkmiller

bdkmiller Registered Member

You should be able to find a used one, they aren't too hard to come by. I don't know of any used ones though. I have a single wall top that I am looking to get rid of, but unfortunately, I am on the other side of the country.
    good luck,
    Brian

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

And no, no one makes a new one.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Tops can be hard to come by around here. There was a guy in Everett with one for sale but he wanted $900 and he said the hatch was junk. I doubt he got anywhere near that. My neighbor told me he knows a guy in Eastern Washington with 5 tops sitting in a field. Next time I talk to him, I'll try to get the skinny on that.

Where are you at in Seattle? Got any photos of your truck?

5. c13russo

c13russo Registered Member

I'm in west seattle by the junction. yeah, if you find anything out give me a yell. I should have some photos soon. Just got back from vacation and figured I might as well look for a new top before I put the old one back on for the winter.
    thanks-C

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

whats wrong with the original?just wandering.i had to buy a whole parts truck to get the top off for my truck.