Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fiberglass Tubs... Do they make em for us?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stock Jimmy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Stock Jimmy

Stock Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have spent 2 days checking posts but haven't seen any people asking about them. I live in Vermont and the salt has finally done too much dmg. to keep patching it up. It has rotted my seat belt pillars in the front away. This is very bad. I baught a fiberglass tub for my 79 CJ5. That was easy. But does anyone make a tub for my 90 Jimmy? Man I hope so. It would be a lot lighter, Giving me way better power to wieght ratios, For wheeling and gas mileage around town,and wouldn't rust anymore!I beat the living crap outa my truck. And its alot of fun for me and my kids, But I cant get it inspected anymore and its coming do this month. Plz help. If not how heavy is a metal tub? As I will have to do the swap alone. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanx a ton in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifMY /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifPLZ

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

www.usbody.com click on the 73-87 chevy truck on the left side.

if you can afford it, do it, it should be well worth it. they also make just about all the panels for a completely figerglass K5 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Stock Jimmy

Stock Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanx a ton!!!! If Its a Good fit then Im golden thanx. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif But It is a bit of cash! lol I will need some time on that one. But at least I have found one. Man I cant wait. Ill do my frame up asap then Starting scraping the old tub. I hate the weight of metel any way lol Thanx a gain!

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

holy crap! Thats more than I paid for my whole truck /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    www.usbody.com click on the 73-87 chevy truck on the left side.

if you can afford it, do it, it should be well worth it. they also make just about all the panels for a completely figerglass K5 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

$6599! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

There is also the bummer body. It is a fiberglass body that is styled like a H1. It allows 35's with no lift.