Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fight the HOA

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ79K5Project, Feb 18, 2006.

1. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I live in a typical cookie cutter area with City owned/maintained streets. My 79 Blazer sits in the driveway and my daily driver (don't kill me - 97 Ford XLT) is on the street. I got a letter from the ****ing HOA telling me I can't park my truck overnight in front of my own house on the street!!!

I'm p*ssed. There are 8 to 10 cars parked on every street. I asked a few of my neighbors that do the same, no letter.

Anyone dealt with this or fought this crap? Since when can an HOA dictate use of public right of ways?

It will be interesting when I start my axle swap and other work.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

go to the next meeting. have them show you the parking ordinance. 9/10 of the time they dont follow the rules JUST as they say. of the 3 HOA i have lived in have always been "vehicles in the street must be moved every 72 hours or less" so my thoughts would be you have a BIG fighting chance.
    Grant

3. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

most hoa's are like that. thats why i dont live in one. most hoa's have you sign a contract when you purchase the home. the contracts are legally binding and the fines are legal. sucks, but thats one of the cons for having a home owners association. on the plus side, they keep yard cars from showing up. i agree with you though, i think they are bull$h!t.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am so glad I bought an older home in an older neighborhood . I don't like HOA's , nor do I generally like most of the residents in the newer neighborhoods . Arizona was so much different when we first lived here . I miss the desert :D