Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fighting Tickets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigburban383, Feb 12, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Has anybody ever fought a traffic violation (speeding, stop signs, yellows, etc.) and gotten out of them? How did you do it? In court or on the road.

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Yes i fight everyone i get in Indianapolis. They have the rule that if you pleade not guilty and it goes to "trial", and the cop doesnt show up they throw it out of court. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hell yea, i fight every ticket. in court no sense in arguing with the cop and getting another ticket. even if you know your at fault fight it,most judges figure if you willing to lose pay you must think your right. and usually they will take it under advisement(if you don't get another ticket in six monthes this one drops).some times you still have to pay court costs,but its cheaper than the fine and your ins. going up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i fight every ticket i get NOT in arizona.
    arizona makes you pay the full cost of the ticket BEFORE you enter the court room. if you are not found %100 NOT guilty then they keep your cash.

as for tickets in cali and in oregon i have fought EVERY ticket i have gotten.(been pulled over a LOT and gotten a few tickets to include a DUI in cali) i have gotten them all reduced and most of them dropped. i paid 110 dollars for my dui and 125 dollars for parking to go to court for my dui.

if you are polite, presentable, organized and suave then you will have no prblems with the judge. tell only the facts and dont tell anything to the judge other than what he/she asks.

as for tickets in genral, a buddy on ere can testify im a good talker and get out of most of them before i even get them.

i have calmed down my driving style a lot and get pulled over less. a lot less. hopefully to keep it this way.
    Grant

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i got a ticket last year for wreckless...

i hired a lawyer and fought it, just had court tuesday.

i didnt get out of it, but i got it reduced to "driving too fast for road conditions" and 3 points on my liscense..which is better than 6 for wreckless...

it was total BS anyway, but im glad its over

i fight every ticket i get, even though ive only gotten one

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

......I fought the law and the law won........ /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

When fighting a ticket you <font color="red"> will not win </font> the question is can you minimize the loss /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Everybody that has beaten a ticket, or heard a story of someone who has beaten a ticket (whether true or not), will talk loud and long about it. The problem is, you don't hear the silent majority who went to court and got beat like a Hitler pinata at a Mossad picnic.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The problem is, you don't hear the silent majority who went to court and got beat like a Hitler pinata at a Mossad picnic....

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

people do get out of tickets. sometimes the cop is wrong( i have 9 GOOD friends that are cops).or just an ass hole.thats why we have a court system in this country. fight every ticket. i received one for an accident.getting off the freeway at a divided hiway were the intersection has three lanes,the left lane can only turn left,the center lane can turn left or go strait.the right lane can only go straight.i was in the center lane because i need to turn left and go to the right side of the street. an old couple was in the left lane and went straight ,straight into me.well when the cops showed up all they saw was an old couple upset and a tattoed punk.guess who got the ticket.when i went to court and explained to the cop we were going north not south THEN he realized i was right. and he talked to the judge and all was well in whooville. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif