Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

figures....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Jan 18, 2006.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so, i sold my Chevelle this week... good and bad, i was really desperate for the cash, but as with any love, i'm really having a hard time with it mentally..

but anyway, my dad had the title for it at his house.. he mails it to me, but never gets here.. turns out the machines at his post office chewed it up and spat it out.. it was returned to him with a big chunk missing from it. of course right out of the area with the vital info...

luckily i had a couple photocopies of it, so hopefully between the wrecked original and photocopies it'll be a pretty simple DMV procedure..

i had to laugh tho... i've never had one trouble with a piece of mail in my life... never... and the one time it happens, its a freakin title.. :doah: why wasn't it my electric bill... :haha:

i think its an omen i shouldn't have sold the hotrod.... :wink1:

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Agreed, prob. simple enough for DMV to solv. And the electric co. would just charge you late fees.:doah:

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

oh nooooo
    you sold it?!?!??!?!?!
    damn man that was a sweet car
    never let a car that cherry go
    id sell my left nut first

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

You sure he didn't chew a piece out of it when he heard what you were doing? Ah well ryoken, they come and they go. You'll find another project when your ready - or it will find you.

5. ryoken

thanks guys...

yeah, it was a tough decision.... but the car had been sitting around in the garage unused for the last couple years... and i was desperate for the cash, bad...

i'm into the truck these days anyway.. sad thing is, not gonna be able to allocate much for the K5... the majority needs to help me get out of debt.. but i need that piece of mind... i don't like owing money...

one of these days i'll get it lifted with 36's.. :doah: i'm amazed at the patience i've had with that... must be that old age thing.. when i was in my 20's i woulda sold my spleen to lift it immediately....

in memory of.....
    [​IMG]

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What did you let it go for? $$$

7. ryoken

$6800

i wanted 7, knocked a couple hundred off... i had about 9 into it, plus all the labor... it was built ages ago, so the money is kinda "found" money...

the car was far from perfect tho.. not an original SS.. body is about 90%, got some chips, dings and some spots coming back out... it looks badass from 20', but not perfect show quality up close... the interior was a little questionable too.. it also had a problematic cylinder that i hadn't diagnosed yet...

i was ok with it.. i didn't expect to get a ton for it... if it was perfect i woulda wanted 10 or 11, but its not and i needed to move it... :rolleyes: