Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

figuring dumpster volume for roof job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 2, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Mar 5, 2001
    let say someone was tearing off two layers of normal three tab shingles and theres 3400 square feet of roof to tear off, any ideas on how big of a dumpster to get ?
    and how can you catch/collect tear off on sides of a building that you cant really drive a truck up to or set a dumpster up to ?

the roof pitch per 12" is about 7" with old layers on still,. 15 foot both sides up to ridge, i assume metal corrugated panels would be best for this roof, ewspecialyl since its a building and is a real basic barn roof, 102 foot long and 15 both sides,

menards or lowes is where to go for this stuff i suppose.
    i dont want ot have to do this roof again in matter of 15 or 20 years again, its just too much, i have no idea what kind of ridge piece could cover this though, or eaves/fascia pieces. with the rib shape of the panels that is,,

thanks for anything
  2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Jul 17, 2004
    I think Lowes would let you know...give em a call. Be sure to talk to their roofing 'expert'. I dunno if i'd take walls off to fit a dumpster closer...just me. I'd make a pile and move it (a lot more work but...your not risking removing load bearing walls)