Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

figuring out a shackle flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 90BCk5, Oct 16, 2005.

1. 90BCk5

90BCk5 1/2 ton status

alright fellas, heres my dillema i hope someone can lend me a helping hand. ive tried searching for the awnser to my Q but have not been able to find it.

ok... so its a 90 blazer, with a D60 front and 14 bolt rear. i have 38.5's and a 6" leaf in the front and 6" leaf in the rear, shes sitting a bit lower in the rear and its pissiing me off, i know that the rear wheels wells are cut smaller than the front, but the rear pinon angle could use a bit of help.... could i use the 2.5" shackle flip in addiition to the 6" springs to get a bit more height? does it actually add up to 8.5 inches of lift? is that the way it works? also i know the fenders are out 2.5 " front to rear, but when i look at it from the side the roof is whats slanted.....

thanks very much

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If its just a little lower in the rear, get a set of zero rates. They are simple and give you a 1" boost.

3. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

yes- it will add up to 8.5" if you use both together

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, you can use the 2.5 flip for what you're talking about. Best way to check the height is to measure the bedrail or the body line for level. Jack the truck up by the diff to level it, then check how much you jacked it up and that's how much more block/flip/spring you need.