Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Filler tube cover

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Woodman89, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

I just replaced my rusty floor in the back of of my 89 K5. Oh boy was that fun. My problem now is that the cover that goes over the fuel filler tube disintegrated when I removed it. I have looked around here (Northeast) for one in junkyard with no luck - even if I can find a blazer in a junkyard around here it is a total rust pig. Short of going to a dealer, does anyone know where I can get one cheap? It doesnt look like an easy part to make but I will if it comes down to it, and it wont be pretty.

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are you talking about the curved part that goes from the floor over to the side, that leaves clearance for the fuel filler tube? If so, I don't think that part is available separately. I'm pretty sure that it comes as part of the quarter panel on that side. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Just leave it off. I just did the same thing with mine and after I finished I got a spray-in liner put in. I just let them spray over the filler tube and everything and now I won't have to worry about it. Even if you don't have a spray-in put in what do you need it for? Install your side panels and call it good.

My two cents,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

5. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Check out LMC, I think they have them. I believe it's www.longmotorco.com, but I'm not sure. Regardless, they have a kickass catalog!

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!!