Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Filling the T-Case

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RAY, Jan 1, 2005.

1. RAY

RAY 1/2 ton status Premium Member

anyone have an easy way or trick to fill a 208. I have tried a syphon pump, but I usually end up with a giant mess that takes longer to clean up than it does to fill the T-case? :mad: So let me hear your suggestions.

Thanks,
    Ray

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

fill info

i full the pump and put cap on then fill tcase works good . havent had much luck sifhening with them tho. try this: long hose up behind cab with funnel and fill. work good with buddy watching.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have an on/off valve that threads onto gear oil containers and also has an adapter to screw onto tranny fluid/oil containers . I use it with the hose for rearends gravity fed , and without the hose for transfercase . I just stick the nozzle into the fill hole and squeeze the bottle . Autozone for like 3.99 :)

I have also used the nozzle caps off of old gear oil bottles in quart size , and the nozzle caps off Lucas additives , they thread onto the tranny fluid bottles too :k5: :k5:

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Same here. The pump works ok, but the little screw on hose with the on off valve makes it alot easier.

Harley

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I use the tops off gear oil. I always save those cause they are so useful. A piece of tube off the end of that top will make it even easier. a 5 gallon drum with a pumper top on its the easiest way ;) just have to go slow when you think are getting close.

6. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I use the little screw on thing that comes with the gear oil, works good:xmas:

7. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

the only way to go

I use a 5 gallon pail with a pump. Works great!! Fluid is usualy cheeper bulk to.

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i did use one of those extentions with the on/off valve, but the last time i couldn't find it so i used a gear oil top. both work great.

9. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Ok so what do you do if the filler nut on the case doesnt wanna come off? Ive tohught about puttin some heat to it.

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive never had a problem, try a socket and an impact, should get it off. imnot sure what size it is, i always used a cresent wrench.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

1 1/4 or 1 1/8 I believe. Either way it shouldn't be too hard. the case is aluminum so nothing should be insanely torqued, remember not to torque it to heck when you put it back in.

12. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

It is insanely torqued from the last guy who owned it, Ive tried everythin and with it bein a shallow plug everythin slips off, Ive had many busted knuckles with this one and would rather not use an impact cuz for fear of cracking the housing. I might try a lil heat.