Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Filters For Vent Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikey_d05, May 7, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

What are you all using for filters on your vent lines? I've been looking all over the place for K&N mini-filters but I can't find them anywhere. I have a couple of fuel/water seperators that would probably work but I'm not sure they would be very effective if flooded. I just re-did all of the vent lines today and ran them to the top of the firewall so I'm looking for something that's fairly effective but it doesn't have to be bulletproof.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Go to a Harley shop and get some breathers from them. They're not a standard HD part but people fit them when they remove the stock air box. They have a blingy cap on them but they are just a mini K&N filter all the same. :)

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

The same little vent filter is sold by the dune buggy vendors too.

I built a manifold for MISF's Scout where the vent side of the PCV system is routed thru it too. That way the engine, axles, trans, & t/c are all vented to the same place, inside the air filter. Potentially the PCV valve will pull a slight vacuum on everything.

Were we in someplace other than the coastal desert I'd be looking for some slight pressue so that the axles didn't draw in water when submerged.