Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Final Answer for Lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by wookieman, Jan 23, 2007.

1. wookieman

wookieman Registered Member

I have a '75 Blazer 10F and 12R. I already have 35" MT's and 15x10 wheels. I want a 6"lift. I only Mudd and trail, no rocks, nothing hardcore. Since you guys at ORD are the King Sh*t at this stuff what do you suggest.

I appreciate what you do for the industry!!!

Thanks!!!

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There is a bunch of stuff that is going to be easier to clarify with a phone converstation but here is what I would do if it were me.
    6" Tuff country front springs
    4" shackle flip in the rear with 3" Tuff Country springs
    Probably need brake lines
    Steering box brace
    extended front shackles
    extended rear shackles?
    Front upper shackle bushing kit.
    Greasable bolts and bushings everywhere
    Cross over steering

There is what I would do. It is not all needed to do the lift but I would guess you will end up with all of it plus some in the long run.
    There are enough variables that you will need to talk with Stephen and or James to get everything just the way you want it.

Try giving them a call when you get a chance.

3. wookieman

Thanks for the advice minwally!! I will call them.

I expected everything but extended shackles (why necessary?) and how necessary is crossover steering? Will I have turning power with stock system or is the 35" just to big to happen?

4. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Crossover steering is just nicer.
    The push pull should work out but with a 6" lift it is on the edge of working well. That is all.

The extended shackles for the front are thicker and heavier duty.

Stephen, James, Beck, or Denise can help you. I don't know who is on the phones right now as everyone alternating doing the vacation thing during this time period.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The front shackles aren't extended very much, but they are beefier & also use 1/2" bolts instead of the stock 7/16" bolts. The stock front shackles and bolts are notoriously weak if you are wheeling it. I personally have never broken one of the 1/2" bolts. It can be done (I have seen 9/16" bolt break in the shackles) but the 1/2" stuff from ORD has not let me down yet in 4 years of wheeling my truck in the rocks.

Crossover is a good step to do but is not necessary if you don't the cash right now. It is one of the best mods I have ever done though. If you don't get crossover then you will need a 4" raised steering arm & possibly a drop pitman arm to get the angle of the stock draglink back to where it needs to be.

For the lift whatever you end up with 4" or 6" make sure you get 1" higher in the rear to combat the sag that always happens. Also keep in mind & research the possibility of the driveshafts being to short or maxed out on angle. That may pose a problem depending on your drivetrain setup.

Harley

6. wookieman

Thanks for the great advice. I like to hear honest answers!!

I work at Mr.Gasket, which is the same as Mallory Ignition, ACCEL Ignition, Hays clutches, Lakewood Bellhousings, Mr.Gasket gaskets and ACCEL Motorcycle Products. If you or anybody else on this site needs help, advice or a really good deal on parts please let me know.