Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Final assembly of a propane setup, help from those that have done it.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, May 3, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I need to know where to get parts to finish my propane setup. I've yet to get tanks, or my Vaporizer/Regulator. I have my mixer and lockoff. Where do I get fittings and hose to work on this setup? Seems like going to Home Depot or the local hardware store and getting any fitting that fits and some garden hose isn't quite the right choice. Where did you get your fittings, hoses, etc? I am buying all new parts(my 425 and VFF30 are both brand new, as will be my Vaporizer), so they aren't coming with these things.

I am trying to find a local place that sells LPG stuff, but as of yet I'm failing. I chased down a guy who had a K20 with propane tanks under it about a year or two ago. Talked to him, he worked at a place that sold the conversion stuff but I seem to remember him saying they were phasing it out, and I forget where it was.

2. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Have you tried a local Fork-Lift place ?
    All of our internal use trucks at work are propane powered and they are fully serviced from a local Catapillar dealer.

HTH's Tom

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haven't, had crossed my mind, should do so. Maybe they'll have some old tanks laying around too.

sidenote: yellowpages and whitepages.com both suck. rather than actually find places near your search zip code, they just find anything in the freaking country, grr

4. ChickenRammit

ChickenRammit 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think a good rv/trailer supply store would also be a good place to look, i know them things use propane for just about everything.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Try searching around a bit over at www.austink5.net Quite a few bunsen burner types hang out on there. :)

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Thanks, AustinK5 seemed to be the way to go. Good info in this thread: http://austink5.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=712

I plan to run a PCV, and vacuum reference on the regulator(need to figure this one out, I know there is a port on the mixer and one on the regulator for just this purpose). I have a vacuum regulator, but looks like great info. Seems I can go ahead and go to Home depot and get what I need for everything except the fuel lines from the tank to the lockoff and from the lockoff to the regulator. Should be able to get those easily enough locally. Time to get my regulator, tanks, and upgrade my ignition for a little better spark power.

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Whats a vacuum reference??

You will need proper propane fittings, there not standard plumbing type fittings.
    I have a few of them, I have one to connect your regulator to your tank hose as well as some push together type hose fittings.
    All you will need is some cloth braided line and a quick connect if you want to run forklift tanks.
    Then just some 1" pipe fittings to connect your regulator to your mixer.
    You can either use the pipe for a fixed mount or buy some vapor hose and vapor hose fittings.

8. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

http://yp.yahoo.com/

Yahoo's Yellow Pages ARE location-based and can go out from there.

-- A