Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

final decision......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 58 apache, Sep 12, 2006.

1. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

ordered the parts now awaiting delivery. heres how it goes... 400 sbc mild cam holly dominator intake, holly 4bbl, headers, heads etc, 14bff military 4.56 detroit locker new shakerbuilt disk conversion 1350 yoke. dana 60 all new kingpin,u joints rotors bearings calipers pads 1350 yoke. open carrier. np208, high angle driveshafts and yokes, built th350 manual/auto valve body etc., 6" front springs, shocks, off road design 4.5" axle flip and1"zero rate blocks.37 x 13.5 mickey thompson claw radials on pro comp black series 7089 16x10 rims. any comments? all under a sweet 58 chevy apache 3600 with a/c, buckets, tilt doing a power window upgrade and a rear slider....

2. cjjones

cjjones 1/2 ton status

That sounds like a cool looking truck, get pics up when done

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good plan. I wouldn't have gone with the Claws though. They seem to wear fast. You were wanting this as a tow rig, mild wheeler right? I would go with more of a mud terrain.

4. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

well i decided any big tire isnt going to do well on the road so i scored a set of 35's on 16" rim. i will use those when i co camping or tow the trailer. i want a large aggressive tire for looks and primarily mud as i live on a farm and incur mud often. the 35's were cheap enough(100) and i dont mind changing them

5. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i think thats all fine... if you are made of money...

6. 58 apache

58 apache 1/2 ton status

ive learned in everything you do if you do it right the first time it will be cheaper in the long run:D :D :D