Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Final Fantasy 10

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Aug 27, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

102 hours, finally done. Didn't complete all the side quests but I was more than easily able to beat the last few bosses.

Time to watch the in between movie and start on Final Fantasy X-2...

that is all

2. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Do you know what the word on the new FFVII is? Been outa the FF world since 9, army had me busy, then kids, then Kingdom Hearts 1&2. I'd really like to get it, but a little hesitant.

I miss the days of gaming on end. I really really do.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Don't really know. They are pre-ordering it for PS2 at this point, which strikes me as Odd, I thought it was to be a PS3 game. I know they have previouslly said they'd stop making FF games somewhere between 10-14 but I hope they never do. I mean when you break it down they are the same sappy love story with a fantasy backdrop and rebeling against some opressive often monstrous force, but I just get so engrossed the games I love them.

4. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

I hope they never stop making them as well. I would love to see a remake of everything form 1-10, but that would take another 15 years to do. I would be stoked if they came out with a remake or an update to FF Tactics. I got well over 100hrs on my GBA version of it. Best game ever.

I don't know how I feel about this new FFVII yet. Remake would be cool, but I don't know how well an added story would be. I don't won't them to mess up something already nice.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

FF X-2 feels thrown together compared to X. The battle menus and menus are like, old school graphics. While the Cutscenes and characters look better than X... Seems like they sacrificed some stuff either in the name of time or just to be able to fit the cut scene graphics. I already know its not going to be as good a game as X, IX, or VII(my 3 favorites), but its interesting and has a story. One thing that I'm going to have to try and get used to is that it uses the same class system as Final Fantasy Tactics. You designate someone as a Mage, Gunner, Warrior, Thief, etc. But you can chagne classes in the middle of a battle. Thing is, the 3 playable characters(all there are in this one) are female, and everything has a Feminine vibe... The Class system is called the "DressSpheres", and you change Dresses with it... Stuff like that. Also it has an ACTIVE Battle system that is taking some getting used to. No turn based attacking, the enemy can attack at the same time you are and there is no, "they wait for you to make a move". If you just sit there, they come after you.

I'd love to see VII remade exactly as it was just better graphics. After X-2 I'm gonna pick up a copy of VII and play it again. Its been a VERY long time since I've played VII, and I don't believe I ever defeated it.

One thing I will not be buying, "Dirge of Cerberus". Sorry just don't care for the "Shooter, Final Fantasy", idea.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

oh boy I bought a Playstation Magazine just because it has like a 5 page (p)review of Final Fantasy XII. Only looked at the pictures but it looks AWESOME from them.