Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FINAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLAB RUN MAY 10-11

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TexasK5Blazerman, May 9, 2002.

1. TexasK5Blazerman

TexasK5Blazerman Registered Member

Ok, yes, this is coming a little later than I have desired, but...hopefully none of you dropped the run in frustration w/me:) Alright we will meet in Burnet pronounced: BURnet, Texas on Saturday, May 10 at 10 oclock in the morning at the Sonic on I-29. We will leave the sonic at 11:30 for the slab, giving latecomers the chance to meet with the group, but we'd like to get out there early, so that everyone who is camping can set up their stuff, so as not to have it clunking around in their truck (or getting wet). So, for those who'd like the complete instructions, here goes:
    these instructions are as if you are coming from San Antonio
    North on 281 until you reach I- 29 in Burnet, Texas
    (approx 2.25 hours)
    Left (west) on I-29 for about a mile (the Sonic is on the Right)
    FROM THE SONIC TO THE SLAB
    Proceed west down I-29 Until you reach FM 1431 app. 15min
    Take FM 1431 SOUTH towards Kingsland for Approx. 3 miles
    Take FM 3404 West For about 1000 yards*******************
    You will come to a spillway bridge. Find yourself a good crossing area across the delta and beware of quicksand.
    Depending on how late you come, we will most likely be camped at Eagle rock (its the large piece of granite in the distance)
    Good Luck, God Bless, and See you there!

P.S. Email me at Texask5blazerman@aol.com if you can bring food/beverage/firewood "supplies".
    P.S.S. It would help if you are 21

-Joe

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I thought we already agreed on everyone meeting at the Slab Entrance at 10:00 AM? It doesn't matter to me where we meet I just want to get out there early. How about leaving Sonic at 10:00-10:30?

3. tacoma972

tacoma972 1/2 ton status

well i will be their at about 09:30 so i can download my rig and put my tires on. from their i will just be waiting for everyone to show up and begin hitting trails. I will be in a black and white k-5. so if i am sleeping when ya'll get their someone please come on over and wake me up.

4. TexasK5Blazerman

TexasK5Blazerman Registered Member

Excellent, well, a heep and my Blazer will be making the trek Friday night. We'll set up our camp and reserve room for anyone who wants it. We'll be camping at the foot of eagle rock. If you want to simply meet at the slab, cool, otherwise, we can caravan the 15 minutes to the slab from sonic (and get some brunch). My blazer is the blue 83 with the 35" BFG Mud Terrains and the top off. Again, if anyone would like to help with the BBQ or B**R, please let me know: texask5blazerman@aol.com

See you all there, plan for a good time!

-Joe

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'AM STILL WORKING ON MINE. I SURE HOPE IT IS DONE SOON. I WOULD LIKE TO GET IN A COUPLE OF RUNS BEFORE MOAB IN AUG. HAVE FUN AND TRY NOT TO DROWN IN THE RIVER.

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Sounds good. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I think I will just go out to the entrance about 9:30-10:00ish. You can't miss my K5 it'll be the smallest one there! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

7. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

blazer guy - where you turning left onto the i35 frontage from parmer at lunch today? i think i saw your blazer...

billy ray - anything a local can help you with?? the more the merrier and if i can help i'll be glad to.

all - i'll be at the bridge around 10am and meet you guys there...i'll be in a blue and silver 86 with 33's.

8. A&P

A&P Registered Member

This is gonna be Grrrreat! I'm all fired up. Too bad I'm driving a HEEP, and not my Jimmy. Oh well, maybe next time. I'm gonna love seein' yall' there. Don't forget the beer.
    -Ben

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No I wasn't there yesterday, but I think there is another K5 just like mine roaming around the Austin area b/c a lot of people tell me that they saw my truck at such & such place. Or maybe its just some jackass joyridin' in my K5! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

its your doppleganger!!!!

11. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

what color is your K5? I may be the jackass your speaking of and I dont appreciate it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

edit: i just looked at your website and there is no resemblance.

You guys say hi to the crazy guy in the yellow IH Scout II, he is a buddy of mine.

Sorry I cant make it out. My wife wont let me go. Something about this weekend (Sunday) being our one year anniversary or some crap like that!
    Justin

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Anniversary!? Who in the hell has ever heard of that anyway! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif